COVID-19 Studio Policies
With your support Pilatestry Studios is committed to ensuring the health of our clients and staff remains the top priority. Like many have – small local business have seen and experienced the crippling impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, with some unfortunately unable to survive. Although these policies may seem strict and inflexible for unpredictable events; they are critical to allow us to safely remain open and compliant with the NSW Government restrictions.
With this in mind, we do please ask, that you do not request exemptions or leniency with these polices. As a small business passionate about community, we do try our best to ensure your experience is nothing short of rave-worthy; however these policies and our compliance is crucial. Please do not argue or undermine the teachers who must enforce them. We do sincerely thank you in advance for understanding and following the policies; as well as your continual support and understanding that allows us to remain open.
• Please follow social distancing guides throughout the studio;including waiting outside where possible prior to your class and avoid gathering before/after class.
• Perform hand hygiene upon arrival and when leaving the studio. Hand sanitiser is available throughout the studio.
• Clients must checkin via our NSW QR code and site of double vaccination certificate. Masks are mandatory.
• Please do not attend or schedule classes if you are feeling unwell.
• Ensure your details are kept up-to-date on your account so we can contact you if necessary about relevant health and studio updates.
Scheduling & Attending Class
– Ensure you arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your class start time. Clients arriving to the studio with a minute before the commencement of class, or as the teacher is beginning the class, will be unable to participate.
– All clients must check in using our unquie NSW QR code. This can be easily done via the Service NSW App. We ask that all clients show the teacher of a successful checkin, prior to the beginning of class.
– Equipment must be throughly cleaned prior to the class, and at the conclusion.
– Please do not attend or schedule into class if you have been feeling unwell. This includes showing or feeling even the mildest of flu or coronavirus symptoms.
These above steps will help us ensure the health of our staff, clients and everyone’s extended families. Thank you for supporting us as we serve you.