COVID-19 Studio Policies
As we re-open from the Government regulated shutdown period, Pilatestry Studio’s is committed to ensuring our client’s and staff’s health remains a top priority. Following the NSW Health & Government guidelines, we have implemented reduced class sizes and initially, a reduced class scheduled, to comply with social distancing and thorough cleaning procedures. We will continue to monitor and adapt these reductions as we are advised.
In addition, we have created specific COVID-19 Studio Policies that will be strictly enforced to ensure we remain in compliance with the government and are able to continue to provide you with the pilates classes you know and love. Please take a minute or two to familiarise yourself with these policies and feel free to send any questions or concerns you may have to Olivia at email@example.com
• Please do not come to the studio or schedule into classes if you have been feeling unwell. This includes showing/ feeling any of the following symptoms that are linked to the Coronavirus.
Shortness of Breath/ or difficulty breathing
Fever or Chills
New loss of taste or smell
• Please do not come to the studio if you, or someone you have been in contact with, has recently returned from overseas. We require you to isolate at home for 14 days before returning to class.
• All client’s must remain outside or on the displayed distancing stickers to maintain social distancing before classes. Once classes finish clients must promptly clean all equipment and leave the premises to avoid gatherings in the studio.
• All surfaces/equipment used in class will be cleaned before and after class. Please ensure you arrive with enough time to clean your equipment before we start.
• To ensure hygiene and social distancing measures are met, we will not be accepting any late starters to class. If the class has begun, your teacher will not let you in regardless of how late you are.
• Hand sanitisers must be used on the arrival and departure of the studio. For those who prefer to use soap and water, we ask that you head directly to the bathroom’s to do so, both before and after class.
• Ensure your details are kept up-to-date on your account so we can contact you if necessary about relevant health and studio updates.
If your package was active prior to our forced closure but expired during our forced closure, you are entitled to our COVID-19 Extension. To check your eligibility and request the extension:
– Log into your account and check your package expiration date. If you cannot see your package, it has expired.
– Email Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org and politely request an extension.
– Pending your approval, allow 24 hours for your new expiration date to be displayed in your account.
If you are signed into a class but feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of the Coronavirus:
– Cancel your class immediately and email Olivia explaining your cancellation.
– As you are unwell we will happily waive the forfeit or fee’s associated with your cancellation. Please note, you will automatically be cancelled from all other scheduled classes for two weeks.
– Any scheduled classes during these two weeks will be automatically removed.
– If you feel better during these two weeks, we require you receive a medical certificate declaring your health and email this to Olivia prior to scheduling back into class.
These above steps will help us ensure the health of our staff, clients and everyone’s extended families.